Deadline: September 21, 2017.
Curtin University is inviting applications for RTP Stipend Scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to both Australian and international students on the basis of merit.
Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships are funded by the Australian government and awarded to students of exceptional research potential undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) to assist with general living costs.
Curtin University is an Australian public research university based in Bentley, Perth, Western Australia.
Applicants must meet and provide official evidence of English language proficiency on or by the application closing date. Applicants who do not meet English by the application closing date will not be considered for a scholarship.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR)
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the faculty of Health Sciences, Curtin Business School, Science & Engineering, Humanities and Centre for Aboriginal Studies.
Stipend: Curtin University will administer to each Recipient an annual stipend equivalent to the base full-time RTP Stipend rate published by the Department of Education and Training for the relevant year of the award. The 2017 annual stipend amount for a full-time student is currently set at $26,682.00, tax-free.
Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship: International applicants awarded an RTP Stipend Scholarship will be provided Curtin-funded tuition fee offset scholarship to assist with tuition fee liability.
Period of Support: Recipients are entitled to three years full-time equivalent study if undertaking an eligible Research Doctorate and a maximum of two years full-time equivalent study if undertaking a Masters by Research. The duration of the Scholarship will be reduced by any period of study undertaken towards the degree prior to the commencement of the Scholarship.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Satisfy all academic entry requirements for a Masters by Research or a Research Doctorate, including the English proficiency levels set by Curtin University without concession, and
- Be undertaking a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) or intending to commence HDR course in Research Term 1, 2018
- Be enrolled as a full-time, Internal, on campus student. Approval may be given for a part-time award (for domestic students only) where an applicant is able to demonstrate compelling social reasons such as a medical condition or primary care commitments which would prevent full-time study.
- Not be receiving income from another source to support their general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of their RTP Stipend rate.
Nationality: Australian and international students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applications must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet and provide official evidence of English language proficiency on or by the application closing date. Applicants who do not meet English by the application closing date will not be considered for a scholarship.
How to Apply: Interested applicants who have not yet applied for course admission may submit an online e-application for course admission and a scholarship.
Hardcopy Scholarship Application form:
- Applicants must use the attached hard copy scholarship application form if their situation falls into the following circumstances:
- You are currently enrolled at Curtin and fit into the guidelines under ‘Eligibility criteria’
- You’ve already received an offer of course admission at Curtin University for Research Term 1, 2018, and are yet to commence study.
- You’ve already received an offer of course admission however, the course offer is not for Research Term 1, 2018 – in this instance, please contact either Graduate Research School – Future ( Domestic Students only) or Curtin International (International Students only) in order to request to defer your course offer of admission to Research Term 1, 2018. Only once you have been advised your course offer is official deferred to Research Term 1, 2018 you may then use this hard copy application form. If the deferral is not approved, you must re-apply for course admission and a scholarship via the link above.
- You commenced and had a pending application on Curtin eApplication via APPLY NOW! prior to the scholarship opening date: Wednesday, 28 June 2017
All hard copy scholarship application forms, as well as all relevant supporting documentation, t be emailed to GRS – Research Scholarships : HDRSCH-Applications-at-curtin.edu.au
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 21, 2017.
Visit the Official Scholarship Website for more details.
For more scholarships and other offers click here.